About the Role
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work out of our site in Hallow Worcestershire. The ideal candidate will drive manufacturing processes towards zero defects. Improve capability, process control and performance. Work to fully understand the manufacturing processes and analyse deviations and trends. Provide general technical support. This will involve working on various production tasks, applying good manufacturing practice (GMP), and in accordance with an ISO 13485 quality system. You will be required to ensure that the equipment is maintained according to the schedules and that the processes and inspections are fully documented according to the process plans. You will also be involved in the development and manufacturing of new or bespoke Medical Implants.
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Engineering planning.
• Liaise with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and technologies.
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Identification and introduction of product/process improvements.
• Specifies material requirements, defining suitable methods of manufacture and identifying, and implementing necessary tooling and equipment.
• Responsibility for managing budgets, in terms of cost and time.
• Program, operate, monitor, and control CNC and manual processes.
• Complete critical records on the product and process - including inspection, sampling, testing, set up, housekeeping and maintenance.
• Inspect and maintain the production equipment and control systems.
• Maintain company health, safety, and environmental standards.
• Assist in creation of SOP’s, risk assessments, COSHH assessments and training packages.
• Assist in validation projects and in the Improvement activities.
• Ensure good manufacturing practices are maintained via good documentation.
• Participate in all required company safety, training and quality audits as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Accurate record keeping and good housekeeping.
• Report any errors or issues to QA and manufacturing leadership team.
• Ensure training record is kept up to date and modules completed on time.
CAD CAM interface to CNC machinery (AlphaCAM).
Responsible for increasing manufacturing productivity across the site.
Review existing production processes and identify areas of improvement.
· Understanding Health and Safety requirements.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
Adaptability and commitment.
Excellent communication skills, good team worker, flexible and able to work under pressure.
Desirable skills and experience:
Degree or HND/HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering role, ideally in a mechanical capacity in a manufacturing or design environment.
Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
IT skills – including CAD, CAM (AlpahCAM), 3-d modelling, MS Office Suite, ERP/MRP systems.
Previous experience in Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
Experience of ISO/ASTM standards would be advantageous.
Experience in project delivery and problem solving.
About the Company
JointMedica was formed in 2000. We are an Orthopaedic design and development ‘Think Tank’, with the aim to advance and disseminate new concepts which result in the creation of innovative Orthopaedic implants.